Monday, June 12, 2006

Getting Up And Dirty

After basking in the glory of my so-called completed room for the whole morning, today after work I turned my attention to the entrance to what is the kids play room (and what would normally have been the formal dining room). About a month and half ago I pulled out the panel doors and had them stripped. In order to do so, I had to remove the trim around the doors which left a very uneven section of paint where the badly applied oil paint pulled off with the trim.

I had learned from the first set of panel doors just how messy this operation was. Then I spent 3 hours sanding and another 6 hours cleaning dust up from the entire front of the house. So this time I did my best to use plastic sheating to create a little tent to trap the dust.

It actually worked extremely well, except for the small detail that it trapped all the dust and heat right where I was working. So it was like an exfoliating sauna, only not particularly relaxing.







3 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Blogger Laura said...

You are my inspiration! The paint job looks marvelous. I think cream walls and white trim give a clean, classy, wonderfully neutral look. What are you going to do with your time when you finish the house?

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Paul said...

The house will never be done - there will always be something else. It's the ultimate in job security or should I call it marriage security?

In all seriousness, we've got at least three more rooms and the main hallway to trim out and repaint. And then we have our back bathrooms to either redo or completely replace if we expand the house.

With the second kind on the scene now, I don't anticipate my work rate is going to improve. :-)

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Laura said...

There's always home projects, but I think it's important to get at a good stopping place where you are really satisfied with what you've accomplished. I'm dying to get down there to see all of your hard work in person...that is after the melting season.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home